Thursday, November 12, 2009

So Far Out There

I wrote a new poem the other day.. it has a dog. o.O

So Far Out There

I saw out there the yellow dog
Which stood on hill so far.
That as I mused on what it minded
It seemed quite as a star.

"Behold! There is a watchful pooch
So far out on the plain.
So far, in fact, that as I walk
I'll never see that dog again."

The wind picked up and weathered me
As I strode across that plain.
I glanced once back from the sinking sun
And there I spied that dog again.

"Closer now, than was before
That dog upon the plain.
The later light ill favors it
I wonder if it has a name?"

Regardless, I am busy.
It is far and so I move again.

As time went on and light grew dim
I found myself frequently
Looking back upon my path
And upon those hills I see -

"That accursed dog, ye' damned pooch!
Closer now, yes I see!
Faster I walk, swifter you pursue
Why do you insist on following me?!"

The dog stood there, it watched and stared
Then drew so close to me.
To my surprise its maw opened wide
And the dog began to speak.

"You wandered long and toiled hard
A world you did not see.
Yet here we are, swiftness for nought
Time still brought you to me."

Spirit tired, so there I rested
And the dog sat with Eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment