Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shodan?

Been quite some time since i've posted on here. Eh, i've been busy..and haven't had a great deal to say. I'll get things recapped and more up to date in the near future.. but for now - SHODAN!

No, I haven't reached Shodan yet. :-p I've got about four more weeks until my belt test. And, as always - about four weeks before my test one of my sempai finally looked at me practicing my testing materials and went "hm, no that's wrong. Here, let me 180 it for you so you can spend the next several weeks relearning it."

Blah. It's the way of learning I suppose, but I really do wish we had a seperate "Advanced level" class, so that I could find these things out a little earlier. Could be worse, they dropped a bomb like that on me on one technique that I was practicing when I was preparing for my Ikkyu test. Except, they did so about two days before the test. Obviously, I still managed to pass. But still - it's not good for my nerves.

Ofcourse, it's not entirely their fault. We don't have a plethora of black belts and there isn't room in the scheduling for a seperate class - even if sensei had the time for it. Eh, I miss my old training partner - we could meet up outside of the dojo to practice.

Anywho - i'm rambling and being down today. On an upbeat note, FOUR WEEKS!!!.. until Shodan test. *dark vader pose and fist grip* "There will be no one to stop us this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment