Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things Progress

It's almost funny, but things inevitably have a way of working - for one end or another. Perseverence sees one through many things so long as total despair is avoided. For the longest time I sat idly, unable to find decent employment and unable to start on my graduate studies.

Now, I've begun a new job working at the library at Spring Hill College. This is the exact position that I wanted/needed to get me started on the road to becoming a librarian. Now I can finally afford to go to graduate school and get my library science degree.

I haven't chosen a school yet, though I am looking rather closely at Southern Mississippi. They have a fairly good program that isn't outrageously expensive. Many of the schools that are easier to get in are very expensive while the more restrictive schools are more affordable. There are a few, like southern miss., that is more or less in between - but only a few.

Anyway, the whole point is that even in this time when so many things seem to be going wrong, or at least not working out terribly well, perseverence can still prevail.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Daniel, I wanted to post about this earlier, but I've been so busy with school work lately. Just a personal musing, I'm afraid though. I am an English major and think being a Librarian would be most excellent (for myself, it seems you think the same!) And yet we both practice Aikido too! Samurai poets, eh? (just a joke) Though, I admit the thought of a would-be thief in the library sailing through the air from a nice irimi nage is hilarious. -jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I can see it now, *insert cheesy low-budget martial arts film dialogue* "Ha-Ha-Ha! This book is now - mine! Ho! Who is this! Bwaaaa!" *Fwam!*

    Yeah, I decided to go into library science in part because I enjoyed working in a library and in part because I wanted a career where I would have enough time to myself to work on my writing. I majored in History. :-p heh heh. About to get into grad school for library science.

    ReplyDelete